- China - Shanghai
Our client is a multinational company specialized in high technology products for the rail transportation systems. The group supplies manufacturers and operators with design, manufacturing, distribution and servicing.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Sourcing Director.
Job location: Shanghai, P.R. China
Subordinates: 4 Managers (Project Purchasing, Commodities, GSM Facade, NPR), 20 people in total
Reporting to: General Manager
• Define and lead the purchasing strategy to increase profitability and drive the improvement of the cost to sales ratio of the goods and services sourced and improve company working capital.
• Manage the supplier base in order to obtain the necessary improvements to achieve the above and protect the company against potential unfavorable market trends.
• Participate to build then deploy the Group purchasing strategies on Global Commodities
• Participate to build then deploy the roadmap to increase the localization in China of our
• Participate to build then deploy the roadmap for NPR&I
• Not only guaranty the best “Total Cost of Ownership” but also challenge the company's global purchasing organization to ensure that the above is met.
• Guarantee the committed budget for the Activity (PPI CASH, PPM, OTD, LCC, T&C’s), decrease need of cash and help supply chain to decrease the inventory level
• Guarantee the Purchasing Performance in Projects. Be involved upstream, guarantee Cost Control, plan, fulfill project needs. Challenge the Bill Of Material in order to propose price and cost reductions.
• Rationalize the supplier panel in order to maintain only the best suppliers. Manage their QCD Performance. Optimize supplier performance, including continuous improvement, innovations, obsolescence and reduction in total cost of ownership. Develop a base to meet current and future needs.
• Improve the quality delivered by the Suppliers. Reach PPM and NCR targets, recover COPQ cost from suppliers, qualify suppliers according to the Activity’s needs, guarantee that the engineering processes allow suppliers to meet targets (soundness of specifications, design freeze, control plan for each part).
• Align the purchasing strategy on global commodities with the needs of the Activity: Develop a technical savings program and involve engineering. Challenge the Centre of Competence as well as Project Engineering. Deploy the strategies locally.
• Pull localization : propose local alternative and develop parts and suppliers
• Organize purchasing teams and leverage as much as possible the group’s purchasing power face to suppliers
• Manage the teams. Set objectives, perform annual appraisals, train and recruit purchasers in accordance with Group guidelines
• Guarantee that group purchasing methods, rules, processes and tools are used in the Activity. Deploy FWE program
• A minimum of 8 years solid experience in purchasing activities and dealing with China and overseas suppliers.
• Result-oriented with strong written and oral communications skills,
• Purchasing professional,
• Experience in a cross-functional business team environment preferred
• Strong management capability : ability to lead, influence and motivate,
• International mind set, overseas experience preferred
• Fully fluent in English, other languages highly appreciated
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.