- P.R. China - Shanghai
Our client is a leading European chemical company producing specialty chemicals and providing innovative solutions for a broad range of industries.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Project Manager to accompany the growth of the company in Asia.
Location: Shanghai, P.R. China
Scope: Responsible for global management and coordination of assigned projects: internally with other company stakeholders and externally with suppliers and contractors.
Accountable for the cost, schedule and quality on the project’s EPC portion (Engineering, Procurement and Construction)
Reporting to: China Engineering Director
Definition and conception stage:
• Ensure the agreement/formalization of the project and Propose project strategy as per project objectives.
• Challenge the proposed solutions and options as per Value Improving Practices Implementation and rigorous risks & opportunities analysis.
• Validate the cost and schedule key outputs. (EPC portion)
• Drive the project as per company investments process, guidelines, return of experiences as well as company & country rules and regulations.
• Identify internal and external resources needs, and ensure coordination.
• Report to stakeholders and management as per agreed organization scheme.
Execution stage (Detailed design + Construction)
• Strictly enforce company safety culture, especially on the field.
• Ensure that gaps (safety, quality,…) are clearly reported, analyzed and actions plan implemented.
• Set and monitor continuously project KPI (cost, changes, progress, 2nd level KPI,…).
• Report regularly these KPI to the management, as per agreed organization scheme, as well as the project risks update.
• Analyze, validate, and escalate for decision (if necessary) the key choices to be done during the project implementation: supplier or contractor nomination, design issues, construction issues,…
• Ensure that the execution organization is in place and control the efficiency.
• Ensure the handover process and close-out activities. Ensure return of experience with BU and internally ACE.
• If required, advise operation and/or industrial stakeholders in some other overall project tasks (Commissioning, startup,…..)
• Lead some transverse improvement actions as per ACE global development and roadmap.
• Bachelor degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering; Master is preferred
• At least 5 years working experience as project engineer or project manager in environmental/chemical/packaging plants
• Management experience
• Good work spirit, strong ethics in general/environment/safety.
• Excellent English skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with international teams
• Ability to work with different cultures and willingness to travel all over Asia
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.