- Thailand - Bangkok
Our client is a manufacture food products and have their own line of restaurants. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Finance Director to accompany the growth of the company in Asia.
Job location: Bangkok
Scope: To provide the support, financial knowledge and expertise as a key business person of the Company to assist all levels of Management in providing hospitality service of the highest quality to customers nationwide. Assist the MD in achieving established business goals. Direct the accounting and control functions at the property, while ensuring timely reporting of operating results and maintains the integrity of the management information system.
Reporting to: CEO
• Supervise all accounting functions for the group restaurant
• Prepare the financial statements within the time frames supplied in closing schedule and according to the Company Policies and Procedures,
• Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the CEO.
• Maintain balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis with full supporting detail.
• Prepare accurate forecasts on a monthly basis and cash flow statements on request.
• Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
• Ensure compliance with the management agreement and attendant legal documents.
• Maintain effective system and control procedures as set forth in the policies and procedures manuals.
• Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by the company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
• Review forecasts and budgets prepared by restaurant management teams to ensure that the CEO and board management are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
• Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
• Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the property's assets against loss or misappropriation.
• Successfully lead and perform an advisory or interpretive role.
• Coaches department heads regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques.
• Adheres to the highest ethical and business standards, and to the laws of the countries, states and cities in which the Company does business.
• Continuously monitor economic, social and governmental trends and policies to ensure the CEO and Board Management are kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel or restaurant in meeting its financial objectives.
• Degree or professional qualification ideally in Accounting, Finance or other related disciplines.
• A minimum of 10 years strong Finance & Accounting experience
• Demonstrate sound knowledge and application of financial/accounting principles and budgetary management.
• Demonstrate strong research and analytical skills, including statistical computations
• Experience from the restaurants industry highly desirable
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ambitious self-starter with confidence and resilience.
• Ability to read and write in English
**Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.**