- Thailand - Bangkok
The Talent Fishers Group is the Recruitment specialist for Western companies with staffing needs in South East Asia.
Our client is a highly diversified, independent industrial group that ranks among the world’s top 10 in transport and logistics. The client has developed a powerful network spread over 100 countries, with more than 500 offices globally.
Job location: Bangkok, Thailand
Scope: The Air Freight Manager will be responsible for building, leading and streamlining the Air Freight Team, the job involves improving and controlling the operational procedures, process mapping, negotiating rates, and maintaining customer relations etc.
Report to: Air Operation Manager
Lead and coordinate Airfreight team on day to day running of the department and duties
• Support and supervises Airfreight Executive.
• Ensure the completion of job files on time and without mistakes.
• Ensure daily reporting on job file activities.
Uphold policies and procedures defined by management
• Maintain professional and proactive communication with all department staff, internal and external customers
• Supervision of Ground Handling, Airfreight and FedEx daily operation.
• Coordinated with sales team and dedicated more time to ensure the client satisfaction.
Monitoring airfreight cargo
• Control quality of input Pegasus
• Review claims resulting from missing or damaged cargo.
• Oversee the Air department to ensure that all aspects of Export Cargo from booking, pick-up, logging, file creation, customer service and invoicing are performed as per company standards.
Monitoring Training and Development of overall Airfreight team
• Lead and motivate teams to achieve departmental goals and carry out staff performance reviews.
• Provide training and coaching to team members by ensuring employees are working in their assigned areas to provide adequate coverage for all processes which may include task delegation and follow up.
• Provides advice on maintaining and improving cost effective ways to handle air freight, and make the job more efficiently.
Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements
• Maintain acceptable Health, Safety and Environmental risk level in area of responsibility.
• Ensure compliance with standard QSHE requirements.
• Degree in Management / Business Administration
• Minimum 10-15 years in management or technical job exposed to the same requirements
• Proficient in IT i.e. MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent Interpersonal communication skills
• Able to work independently and as a team
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Positive attitude & friendly
• Outgoing personality
LANGUAGE LEVELS REQUIRED
• Proficient in written, oral and presentation skills in English
• Strong customer service skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, organize and prioritize work load in order to meet numerous deadlines
Information and Application
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, apply online on www.talent-fishers.com, candidates/jobs page and post your resume on the “Air freight Manager” job offer.