- Philippines - Manila
The Talent Fishers Group is the Recruitment specialist for Western companies with staffing needs in Asia.
General Manager – CAA, Philippines
Our client is a leading European Group specialized in Total Quality Assurance extending their services to worldwide industries. The company operates globally and has been in the industry for many decades and runs their business in the Philippines for several years. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a General Manager for their Cargo and Analytical Assessment business to head the division to support their growth in the Philippines.
Location: Makati, Manila
Report to: Country Managing Director – Philippines
• Strategize and strengthen the business opportunities with optimal risk management, revenue, margin and market as the leader in Cargo and Analytical Assessment business in the country.
• Create a long term robust and ambitious objective in synchronization with the existing opportunities.
• Plan a twin track strategy (short and long term organizational plans) to deliver short term and long term revenue and profitable growth for the CAA business.
• Review, analyze and recommend business expansion and enhancement strategies.
• See all possibilities of identifying and converting business opportunities to remain an early mover in ATIC space.
Process Evaluation and Re-engineering
• Continuously monitor and evaluate processes and procedure to reduce inefficiencies and remove obstacles in service deliverance
• Identify ways and means to create ease of business for customers
• Support and encourage industry networking to facilitate learning for the team
• Ensure communication intended to inform or update others regarding procedural changes, new information, or progress
• Update, evaluate and implement new business opportunities to remain ahead of competition
• Identify and analyze best industry practices, ensure their documentation and communication to support the implementation
• Ensure that customers are valued and their requirements are met or exceeded consistently with business priorities.
• Maintain proactive, dynamic and effective communication with customers at all times.
• Offer and ensure quick resolution of customers’ problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and repeat business.
• Anticipate customers’ needs whenever possible and ensure timely and accurate response by the team
• Understanding of Service operations and continuous improvements to drive operational excellence
• Process controls, workflow to reduce wastages, eliminate process redundancy and maximize productivity without compromising the protocols and the ethics.
• Create and review business data related to TAT, samples, man hours, quality of reports, customer feedback to improve operational efficiency and quality of service.
• Control all associated operational and related costs accordingly to the prevailing annual budget forecast.
• Ensure all sub business streams perform as per plans
• Develop an environment with robust systems, processes and customer delight which will enable and encourage business opportunities.
• Planning and creating annual business plan for the Business Line.
• Decide measurable business parameters
• Achievement of planned team objective through continuous monitoring and review of the team performance and timely extension of support.
• Resource planning and allocation
• Manpower planning
• Identifying potential customers/ clients for the services of the division in co-ordination with his team.
• Continuously work with the team for business development by getting more business from existing customer and identifying new customers
Risk & Quality Management
• Implement and assist in the development, review and maintenance of various policies including Employee Health and Safety, Security and Environment.
• Ensure review of all risks and business continuity plans for all sub business streams.
• Ensure statutory compliance, Health and Safety regulations including related to Laboratories, monitoring performance and reviewing procedures.
• Ensure service / quality processes, equipment being used and the working environment are all conducive to producing a high quality customer service.
• Monitor service activity to ensure that the appropriate testing, inspection and audit methods are employed and the sufficient due care is taken in order to meet the customer’s quality specifications.
Team Building and Talent acquisition
• Continuously work in co-ordination with Human Resources to strengthen the talent in line with the people strategy and need of the business.
• Mentor and create growth opportunities for performing team members.
• Create meaningful developmental plans for the team and guide them to improve.
• Preferably an Engineer with a Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent from an Institute of repute.
• 15 to 20 years’ experience with at least 8 years in the service / manufacturing industry.
• Ability to work in a complex technical multi-business lines environment