- Thailand - Bangkok
Our Client is a global leading Destination management company, having over 20 offices worldwide. For this client, we are looking for a position of General manager to manager overall operation in Myanmar
Job location: Yangon, Myanmar
Scope: To responsible for overseeing all operations and business for the destination. The GM is responsible for ensuring profitability in each unit and for the overall productivity and wellbeing of all staff as well as ensuring the very high service standards are maintained or exceeded at all times.
Reporting to: Group CEO
- You are expected to keep yourself and your team fully aware of all developments in the regional travel business including, but not limited to, key destination information and developments such as new hotels, travel products, airline routes etc.
- You are expected to keep yourself and your team fully aware of all developments within the organization including staff changes, new departments, new travel products and strategic focus.
- Working in different departments each with a department head or manager and has overall P + L responsibility for the destination as a whole and for the five business separate units.
- You should be aware of all direct competitors and ensure that services are superior in all departments to those of our competitors.
- You should ensure that you are constantly building good relations with potential business partners whenever possible including keys suppliers as well as clients and potential clients.
- You will be expected to identify and attend events that will strengthen these relationships such as, but not be limited to, networking functions, sales calls, road shows, seminars, training programs and trade events.
- Minimum 10 yrs. of experience in Travel industry with minimum 3yrs of leading a large team.
- Fluency in English must (verbal & written), knowledge of French will be good. Other languages are an advantage.
- Experience in using some type of Travel software and Database
- Understanding of the market trends & comprehensive travel industry knowledge
- Understanding customer needs and inclination towards customer service.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and good public speaking skills.
- Leader with a positive and dynamic personality, able to adapt to different cultures.
- Have a proven track-record as a manager and be an operations person with very high standards who knows how to get things done efficiently and effectively.
Information and Application
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, apply online on www.talent-fishers.com, candidates/jobs page and post your resume on the General Manager - Myanmar job offer. Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.