- Thailand - Bangkok
Our client is a services provider to tourists in the South Asia
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for an Events Manager based in Viet Nam
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Events Manager is responsible for MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) requests and manages the overall handling of such inquiries. Coordinates all aspects from proposal till handling on the ground and manages a team of consultants and operations staff.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring proposals are sent out to agents/clients in correct form and time and with adequate creative content fitting or exceeding client requirements.
- Supervising and assisting in the operations of all MICE tours once in country.
- Leading client/agent inspections to explain, confirm and possibly up sell additional services.
- Keeping Sales Offices informed of new products and their USP factors.
- Creating and maintaining a MICE services database (programs and prices) and implementing the use of in-house software for the Events Department.
- Training and briefing of guides on the incentive travel programs.
- Negotiating with preferred suppliers and hotels to obtain the best terms & conditions.
- Maintaining excellent working relations with our preferred suppliers.
- Maintaining supporting information needed for internal and external usage such as factsheets, photographs, route notes and product descriptions.
- Communicating with and assisting other events offices to exchange best practices and to help out in peak periods.
Perform Department Management:
- Be aware of company policies, procedures, explain clearly to the team and ensure all to follow properly. Maintain standard turn-around speed.
- Create useful tools/ database to help team work smarter, not harder.
- Advise or solve problems in case there are difficulties with one of the files (in quotation, itinerary, reservations, invoicing or after sales stage).
- Manage and take action to effectively solve disciplinary matters and customer complaints. Inform the teams about the problems and solutions.
- Request training from Tour plan/ products/ suppliers to help the team refresh/ update their knowledge.
- Briefing /meeting to update difficulty & solution/ target/ expectations
- Delegate more challenges/ tasks combined with training/ mentoring to develop key staff.
- Give clear guidelines to sales/Ops team about handling bookings/deluxe clients to maintain good services.
Sales Target, Budgeting and Report:
- Follow to advices of GM for setting and following up budgeting of department;
- Discuss with GM for any issues about sales target/volume and find solution; about changes/ improvement in sales skills, products, procedure
- Periodical report to GM, can be weekly briefing or monthly written report on highlighted activities of department.
- Follow up outstanding/ report bad debt.
- Carry out the follow-up of the accounts necessary to make the reporting. Launch the adequate corrective actions in the event of nonpayment or if an account is less profitable.
- Control with the accounting service the effective payments of accounts.
- Ensure all invoices issued in time with correct booking status. Report any cases of loss/ low margin.\
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Hospitality, Tourism, or other related field
- Good command of written and spoken German
- A minimum 5 years' experience as a similar role; Experience in Tourism field is a must
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Tourism with minimum
- A minimum 5 years' experience in similar job in Travel agency or Hospitality industry.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (French as a second language would be an advantage) with an ability to compose compelling proposals with accurate use of the English language.
- Profound understanding of western culture and client expectations.
- Good computer skills (MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Hands on experience with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent sales, communication and negotiation skills
- High degree of customer service with an eye for detail and presentation.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work as an effective team leader with excellent interpersonal skills.
Information and Application
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, apply online on www.talent-fishers.com, candidates /jobs page or send directly to email@example.com