- South Korea - Seoul
Our client is a European industrial food group with a worldwide presence and strong global market reputation.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a South Korea Business Development Manager.
The group has been active on the South Korea food markets for a few years, with tangible success, in cooperation with selected importers and distributors, without a local presence to support them.
The group decided to strategically create a Business Development Manager position in South Korea to ambitiously develop the market further and achieve results in line with the market’s potential.
The first priority will be to develop the ingredients and food services markets but the role also includes the management of the brands already distributed in South Korea retail markets.
Scope: role creation to ensure the development of the group presence on the local Ingredients/food service and retails markets.
Report to: North Asia CEO, based in Beijing as well as Group Sales Directors
The overall mission of the South Korea BD Manager will be to:
• Develop the network of hospitality and Food & Beverage clients
• Visit potential clients to develop their awareness of the products portfolio and recruit new clients on the pastry and beverage markets (hotels, bakeries, pastries, coffees and restaurant chains…)
• Support existing clients by suggesting new solutions and innovative ideas to develop their potential to use the group’s products
• Manage key accounts by ensuring the smoothest delivery of projects
• Cooperate in the closest manner with new and existing local importers and distributors to support them in sales developments, orders follow-up and stock management
• Define ambitious sales plans and reach the set targets
• Proactively be involved in new products developments
• Organize events and demos with the support of technical teams (R&D, Chefs, baristas…)/
• Business or technical/engineering degree
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience in the food sector
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role in South Korea
• fluent in Korean and French is mandatory;
• Strong networks with the Hospitality and Food & Beverage industries in South Korea
• commercial experience as a business development manager with experience in the Foodservice and ingredients sectors and or potential to quickly cover the retail part of the role
• an experience in sales of high-class food products to retail is a plus
• enthusiastic, hands-on, reliable and committed