- Taiwan - Kaohsiung
Our client is a leading European corporation specialized in environmental industry.
For this client, Talent Fishers is now recruiting a Procurement Manager.
Scope: To assist the Project Manager in project tendering and procurement activities and the subsequent post award contract administration tasks. Responsible for suppliers’ coordination.
Reporting to: Project Manager
• Make strategic procurement plan to achieve the cost efficient in procurement and finally assure the technical compliance and reduce the project cost.
• Strict Post award administration to maintain the benefit of the employer
• Responsible for all supplier correspondence and commercial management post award
• Establish project procurement strategy based on specific project information and Company’s standard procurement policies. Outline the procurement packages and requirement
• Identify a pool of candidate vendors / suppliers for project consideration
• Prepare pragmatic questionnaire for the potential consultant, contractor and vendors, complete the pre-qualification (PQ)
• Establish and manage the competitive tendering (RFQ) and selection process
• Develop standard contract documentation to include standards guidelines and all commercial terms for the project.
• Consolidate the tender documentation
• Evaluate the bidder’s proposal
• Assist in the negotiation of contracts with an optimum mix of price and quality
• Assess the quotations submitted and selecting the bidders with which the commercial/financial negotiations may be conducted
• Set targets as to the result to be achieved in price negotiation
• Conduct the cost and contract negotiations at the appropriate management level
• Assist to negotiate contract terms, pricing and payment schedule, ensuring that the agreements with the vendors / suppliers are commercially advantageous
• Detail commercial assessment
• Complete tender report and provide the recommendation
• Prepare and issue ODS, POs and formalize agreements with all finalized contractors/vendors
• Compliance with R&R procurement planning and transparency frameworks
• Review work completed by Quantity Surveyor, including budgets, bill of quantities etc. if required
• Monitor supplier progress and prepare the necessary expediting follow-up during manufacturing.
• Coordinate with vendor the Factory/workshop inspection as needed.
• Follow-up site delivery and validate along with QC engineer the compliance of delivered material.
• Monitor and manage claims from contractors.
• Monitor and participate as key person in negotiation and settlement of all disputes between JV and contractors
• Monitoring compliance with JV and ensuring that all contractors are administered in accordance with the contract and project controls
• Develop any variation forms and verify costs with the QS prior to submitting for approval to JV.
• Provide cost reports at regular intervals, giving forecasts of final costs, including costs of variations and the cost implications of extensions of time, and forecast completion dates.
• Certify and forward invoices to JV for approval.
• Monitor payment schedule for vendors, consultants, suppliers and contractors.
• Maintain all records on the development of the budget
• Prepare final account documentation and agree settlements costs with all vendors and contractors. Use QS as necessary to manage verify final accounts.
• Manage Financial Handover and sign off by JV at the completion of the Project.
Bachelor or above: Major in mechanical engineering or project management related discipline or related field
At least 10 years work experience and in excess of 3+ years as Procurement engineer/contract Administrator in the engineering Projects.
Good communication skills in both Mandarin and English
Flexibility, capability to work in an international group, open minded;
Good team player;
Good knowledge of IT software (xls) and well organized
Ethics in general, in Environment and Safety;
Able to travel and work all over China and to cope with different cultures.
Able to work in JV environment.
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.