- P.R. China - Shanghai
Our client is an industry expert in developing consumer centric go-to-market strategies and execution, from business set-up to daily offline & online management, for fashion and sports brands in China.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Digital Marketing Director.
Location: Shanghai, P.R. China
Reports to: Senior Director of Brand Strategy & Communications
Direct reports: 2 Digital Planners and 2 Community Managers
Main purpose of the job:
1. Be the company’s “Digital Expert”
2. Lead Planning & Community functions to achieve important brand awareness KPI’s
3. Lead detailed and strong market researches to collect key market insights
4. When needed, assist other departments on strategic/analytical/ research matters
5. Design and implement comprehensive digital marketing strategies for the company’s client
6. Control and execute the planning & community work streams for Clients’ Marketing plans
I. Digital Planning
1. Work closely with clients and internal agency teams to identify strategic goals and create success metrics.
2. Create and present digital strategies across digital, content marketing, social media and branding solutions.
3. Review existing client activity and performance to inform strategic recommendations and goals.
4. Lead client facing interactions including calls, meetings, presentations and workshops.
5. Support clients and colleagues on campaign tactics and digital “best practices.”
6. Lead the planning team to create excellent, clear, concise “Creative Briefs”
7. Conduct competitive analyses, including sector and channel trends and insights.
8. Understand quickly all kinds of Client’s environments and business requirements/needs
9. Lead strong and professional researches through different channels to be able to document proposals
10. Know how to search and capitalize on industries and market ‘best practices’ to integrate them into the company’ proposals and client deliverables
11. Assist the Project leader in the formalization of business proposals, in terms of content and layout
II. Digital Community Management
1. Manage Accurate and effective social listening/brand audits for current clients and BD “pipeline” clients
2. Manage the community management team’s interaction with users/consumers on a broad array of social media platforms (weibo, weChat, “the Red,” etc. )
3. Manage the sourcing of new media platforms on an ongoing basis and sourcing and relationship building with key industry KOL’s & celebrities.
4. Lead the community management team to provide strong and up-to-date media channel/platform recommendations within budget
5. Manage social media crises as needed
III. Digital Marketing
1. 1. Lead the overall digital marketing planning thinking by driving all the Marketing strategies and initiatives for the company’s clients
2. Lead the “creative brief process” for key accounts and manage the planning team to build strong creative briefs as needed
3. Drive Marketing strategy, plan, budget, and actions plan for all the company’s Marketing Clients
4. Closely supervise the execution of all campaigns and activations: for digital clients, and for 360 clients
5. Propose KPI for each client, and specific campaign, and link all activation to formalized ROI
6. Monitor progress and submit performance reports for all stakeholders: internal, HQ of our Clients’ brands, etc.
7. Responsible for producing valuable content for the company’s online presence, editorial design and organizing the company’s publications
8. Conduct general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitor’s marketing movements
9. Work with the Account Management team to set-up and control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects
10. Work with team to develop execution plan and follow through milestones to ensure deadlines, objectives, and brand guidelines are met
11. Ensure consistency for common 360 (E-Commerce & Brand Strategy Clients)
12. Actively participate to any Marketing proposal providing insightful inputs, including commercial, creative and budget
13. Help on structuring the BS&C department, and always give recommendations on organization/ RACI, etc. as needed
14. Willing to be take on responsibilities when required
15. Ensure knowledge transfer among team members and potentially other departments
• Bachelor degree or above on Business
• A “digital expert” passionate about all things digital
• 5-7 years working experience within a marketing function (planning, community or related) with robust digital interest and work experience
• Be familiar with social media to promote brand within B2B industry
• Experienced in international business
• Experienced in brand management
• Strong leadership and provide clear directions
• Good network in marketing agencies industry
• Good at problem solving
• Very good presentation skills (Powerpoint mainly)
• Excellent communication skill, fluent Mandarin and English (oral and written)
• Entrepreneurial: able and willing to work in a small size start-up organization where versatility is a must and where one is asked to multitask. Can take initiative
• High level of integrity and loyalty