- Thailand - Bangkok
Our client has been origin in 1950 as a project to revitalize the art of silk weaving, they have evolved into a maker of a complete breadth of premium textiles for interior decoration, created by some of today’s most influential designers. As the world’s largest producer of hand-woven fabrics, and especially known for its legendary Thai silks.
work as a key figure in the Garment Technology department liaising with Production, Design and the Pattern department to ensure we maintain the highest standard of fit, construction and technical specification on company’s products.
• To manage and develop the supplier base with a view to maintaining customer satisfaction, assuring quality and minimizing returns.
• To supporting the Design department to develop the initial technical specification packs to enable our production team and suppliers to proceed with proto sampling.
• To manage and co-ordinate fit meetings. Prepare development samples for fit the meetings; this will include measuring, inspecting samples and making preparatory notes for discussion.
• To work closely with the pattern room at all stages of development.
• To ensure team or suppliers have followed through on methods of construction requested via the pattern.
• To ensure on sending accurate and timely technical comments, liaising with suppliers on daily basis, to ensure technical information they have received is understood and ensure the required technical standards are maintained.
• To liaise with the Production, Design and Technical managers on any quality issues, to be pro-active in resolving and implementing solutions to any problems.
• To raise and submit to suppliers accurate graded specification sheets for production.
• To use Technical expertise to help improve and or maintain margin.
• To update the JT critical path system on all events action during the fitting / development process.
• Graduate qualifications or equivalent experience preferred.
• At least 3 - 5 years' experience working on Garment Technologist
• Knowledge in Garment / Fabric knowledge, Problem & Solving,
• Creative Thinking and Good Communication
• Welcome expat to join with fluent in English and understand Thai would be advantage
• Works well in a demanding and fast-moving environment.
• Be a team player and is also self-motivated.
• Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude to work.
• The ability to manage a constantly changing work load and be flexible