- P.R. China - Suzhou
Our client is a French SME and a worldwide leader on its B2B market (three factories worldwide, around 750pax, $60M).
The group is a manufacturer leader of transmissions for the outdoor power equipment industry.
The group is also about to acquire one of its local suppliers in China: a family owned company located in Ningbo´s North-West area (350-400pax, $30M).
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Plant Controller to act as a Finance & Administration Director overseeing this acquisition so as all the financial, controlling, administrations and IT activities of one of their factories in China
Reporting line: Plant Director and Functional reporting to group VP.
Management: Finance, Administration and IT teams.
• Manage the financial, controlling, administration and IT operations
• Guarantee full compliance to PRC and group standards, set-up sound controlling mechanisms
• Assess the financial performances, provide indicators and reporting,
• Ensure the company IT system is reliable and allow the management to make sound decisions
• Supervise the operational accounting activities of the company :
- Ensure compliance with PRC accounting and fiscal rules
- Design and implements accounting processes to ensure that all accounting activities safeguard the financial structure of the entity
- Ensure that accounts receivable are up to date – alerts VP & plant director of any deviation in order to activate credit insurance
- Ensure accuracy of accounts payable – and of payment programming
- Propose a currency exchange strategy. Follows and puts in place hedging tools
- Propose a cash management strategy. Follows cash policies
• Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of the financial statements of the company on a monthly basis
• Responsible for the yearly closing of the company in accordance with accounting and fiscal regulations of the country. Provides support for the group consolidation. Certify that all fiscal options taken are in accordance with fiscal regulations in China. Ensures that all necessary certifications are in place
• Oversee the payroll activity:
- Ensures that all national and local rules are being followed
• Drive the yearly budget definition for the plant:
- Sales budget
- Cost of goods, payroll and other expenses
- Definition of standard hourly rates and costs of production per product.
• Put processes and controls in place to safeguard the assets of the company
- Ensures that all assets and employees of the company are correctly insured
- Participates to the yearly renewal of the policies
- Designs processes to ensure policy activation in case of damage
- Provides information for credit insurance purposes
• Responsible for all cost controlling activities of the company :
- Define controlling processes to be put in place
- Ensure accuracy of the inventory (assets, raw materials and components, WIP, finished goods, consumables and stock of spare parts). Put in place and oversee cycle count processes
- Cost Prices :
- Control the accuracy of the BOMs entered in the ERP with the BOMs as defined at the end of the R&D process
- Research and explain deviations on cost prices
- Audit the accuracy of information entered in the ERP
- Audit all activities closely related to the financial health of the company: purchasing and materials procurement, invoicing to customers, Import and Export activities, warehousing, information systems.
- Report monthly key indicators to group management – compares to budget and explains deviations
- Provide data to the managers as defined to ensure budget compliance
- Is a key provider of information for decision making of upper management
• Participate to Due diligence activities as required by HQ Management
• Oversee the IT requirements of the business
• Keep contact with local authorities: SAFE, tax bureau, banks… Be alerted for any change in regulation that can affect the company
• Support Plant Director in the budget making and follow-up
• Master’s degree in accounting or finance
• 7- 10 years’ experience in finance management functions, including 5 years within foreign invested companies in China. Previous experience in related industry is preferred.
• Humble, pragmatic, enjoys working in the field. SME mindset, team player with good communication and leadership skills.
• Perfect understanding and control on financial techniques, controlling and reporting
• Fluent in English. Able to speak, read and write in Mandarin (HSK 5). French is a plus.
• Experience with account and EPR software’s.