- Thailand - Chon Buri
Our client is a European Industrial Operator company specialized in Automation systems and Services for the Paper and Energy industries. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a “Senior Project Engineer – IQ QCS Systems” to accompany the growth of the company in Asia.
Job location: Thailand
Scope: The Senior Project Engineer has technical responsibility for the delivery of company IQ QCS systems. The main tasks are to ensure that delivery meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations, is on schedule, is technically as defined in the contract, and delivered in a cost-efficient way according to targets/key performance indicators given by Project Manager.
Reporting to: Project Manager
- Participates in the planning of the project with the project manager with respect to the goals of the project, overall scheduling, risk analysis/contingency plan, and installation checklists.
- Participates in the Definition phase of the project (Internal/external kick-off meetings, responsibilities, system definition, customer communication, freezing dates)
- Takes the lead role in system initialization and configuration by internal and external resources.
- Organizes and runs the internal testing and customer Factory Acceptance Testing
- Takes lead role in managing site work:
- Responsible for site safety
- Coordinates work schedules for on-site personnel
- Handles customer communication including safety, progress reports , and site schedules.
- Handles change requests together with the project manager
- Ensures that the delivery meets the customer’s expectations, including:
- Commissioning of sensors and measurements
- Successful implementation of all delivered quality controls
- Customer training
- Successful completion of performance guarantees
- Manages the punch list for timely completion
- Finalize system documentation and arrange for preparation of commissioning reports, including value/ROI delivered
- Provides feedback of customer’s comments for customer satisfaction assessment
- Participates in transfer to service
- Specialty engineering, for example data links, process definition, system conversions or migrations, etc.
- Advanced troubleshooting during the testing and commissioning phases of the project, and feedback of relevant corrective actions to the product home
- Mentoring of other resources
- Education: B.S degree/ B. Tech in Chemical, Electrical (EET or ET), Mechanical, or Pulp & Paper Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 5 years experience with QCS systems in the pulp and paper industry with at least two years experience with Machine Direction and Cross Direction controls.
- Travel: 50% travel is typical during peak periods, primarily in Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines and Malaysia but international travel will also be required in other south east countries, India and Europe
- Abilities to handle multiple projects, collaborate with others as well as working independently, and make decisions in stressful situations.
- Must be able to form professional relationships with customers, and possess good written and verbal communications skills
- A self-managed style and the ability to routinely prioritize and organize work are required.
Information and Application
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, apply online on www.talent-fishers.com, candidates/jobs page and post your resume on the “Senior Project Engineer – IQ QCS Systems” job offer.