- Thailand - Bangkok
The Talent Fishers Group is the Recruitment specialist for Western companies with staffing needs in South East Asia.
Our client has been origin in 1950 as a project to revitalize the art of silk weaving, they have evolved into a maker of a complete breadth of premium textiles for interior decoration, created by some of today’s most influential designers. As the world’s largest producer of hand-woven fabrics, and especially known for its legendary Thai silks.
Report to: Factory Manager
- To work as a key figure in the Pattern Maker department liaising with Design, QC and the Garment Technologist to be the guardian of the highest standard of fit, construction and technical specification in a seamless operation between samples developments and productions for Jim Thompson products.
- To manage and develop the supplier base with a view to maintaining customer satisfaction on Jim Thompson Product.
- To supporting the Design department to develop and instruct about the initial technical specification packs to enable our production team and suppliers to proceed with proto sampling.
- To manage and co-ordinate fitting Meeting assuring samples are done include measuring, inspecting samples and making preparatory notes for discussion.
- To work closely with the pattern room, sample room and QC at all stages of development and secure that all the instruction are followed.
- To send accurate and timely technical comments, liaising with suppliers on daily basis and relative stakeholder.
- To liaise with the QC, Design and Operation Team any quality issues, and be pro-active in resolving and implementing solutions.
- To raise and submit to suppliers and QC accurate graded specification sheets for production.
- To use Technical expertise to help improve and or maintain margin.
- To update the JT critical path system on all events action during the fitting / development process.
- Graduate qualifications or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 3 - 5 years' experience working on Pattern Maker, Fashion Design or Garment Technology
- Knowledge in Garment / Fabric knowledge, Problem & Solving, Creative Thinking and Good Communication skill
- Fluent in English
- Welcome expat to join
- Works well in a demanding and fast-moving environment.
- Be a team player and is also self-motivated.
- Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude to work.
- The ability to manage a constantly changing work load and be flexible.
Information and Application
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, apply online on www.talent-fishers.com, candidates/jobs page and post your resume on the “Pattern Maker” job offer. Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.