- Vietnam - HCM CIty
This role will lead a team to develop and implement sourcing strategy, lead supplier identification, qualification, selection, development, management, as well as leading pricing/costing negotiations and managing cost-down initiatives. The incumbent is required to demonstrate outstanding integrity and ethics in all business dealings.
- Develop sourcing and costing strategies and solutions in alignment with the Company’s short-term and long-term strategic plan, value proposition, business objectives and operational requirements.
- Identify, evaluate/qualify and recommend high quality, low cost, and compliant sources of supply. Establish and maintain a robust supplier database and network which fulfills the operational requirements of existing business, and meet the requirement for anticipated new production, business growth, and business changes.
- Lead team to provide comprehensive sourcing support as well as production solution timely and collaboratively to other function teams during project lifecycle. Responsible for assigning/costing/contracting of suppliers in Vietnam, manage information flow to other functional teams in different locations
- Be responsible to streamline and improve work processes within sourcing team, to ensure efficiency within and across department.
- Lead team to track, manage and improve supplier performance systematically, as well as develop supplier value proactively.
- Establish and maintain effective and sustainable partnership with suppliers to identify synergy and increase leverage. Regularly reach out to main decision-makers and senior-level representatives at key suppliers to establish and strengthen long-term strategic partnership.
- Lead costing negotiations with suppliers. Establishing regular review on costing and service standards, identify and drive cost-down/saving initiatives and programs. Lead team to Develop and improve cost estimating tools.
- Lead to develop a planning system and create a process flow to allow CS team to record/track/manage production capacity proactively, and to optimize production forecasting and planning. Be one of the major stakeholders to monitor, maintain and improve the system and process flow in this area.
- Interface with other internal function teams for major production/quality claims/issues, conduct joint assessment, provide sourcing/costing support, and work collaboratively to develop resolution.
- Hire, train and manage performance of sourcing team.
- Continually monitors industry and technology trends and transfers market knowledge and best practices within and across departments.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- University degree or equivalent.
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Good understanding & knowledge of packaging supply market, supplier management and quality assurance. In depth knowledge in packaging production.
- Proven experience managing and partnering with customers and suppliers. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationship with packaging suppliers and internal function teams.
- Polished presentation and public speaking skills, with ability to adapt presentation style to different stakeholders’ needs.
- Proven ability to influence individuals at all levels within an organization to change behaviors.
- Program management skills demonstrating the ability to manage scope, cost, time, quality, risk, resources, and deliverables.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve complex business problems independently and develop solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with senior executives in the formulation and implementation of strategies for the organization; influence business results through partnering.
- Excellent written and oral communications in English and Local language, both verbal and written. Mandarin is plus
- Ability to travel (frequently), both domestic and overseas
- Well versed in MS Word, MS Excel, e-mail and internet. Experienced in ERP or E-Supply systems.