- Thailand - Bangkok
Our client is a renewable company with great prospects in the fields of wind power, solar power, bio energy and small hydro. They are growing office in Bangkok as the regional operational hub for the fast-growing Asia Pacific region.
Scope: To further develop and grow our export activities in the South East Asia region
Report to: Head of Project Development - APAC
- Manage the Project Development Team in SEA, Korea, and Taiwan
- Conduct initial market analysis
- Source land and projects under development
- Develop relationships and JV with local developers
- Prepare and manage Request for Investment documentation and process
- Prepare and submit tender documents
- Conduct project due diligence
- Acquire land and projects under development
- Negotiate and execute Power Purchase Agreements
- Lead project development during the development and permitting stage of Solar PV projects until projects become Ready to Build
- Conduct tax analysis and set up project SPV structure
- Develop and execute project risk management plans for new markets and new projects
- Evaluate project financial returns
- Work closely with Engineering and Project Management team to manage development process and transition from development through execution.
- 10+ years of experience managing commercial infrastructure projects from development to execution, with a min. of 5 years working experience in solar PV projects involving municipalities, utilities, and government agencies.
- Relevant experience analysing sites for solar PV project strategy & development.
- Experience developing solar PV and diesel hybrid projects.
- Experience and ability to manage Project staff and to interact with different departments.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business or Economics or related discipline required. MBA desirable
- Be able to communicate clearly in English, Additional language skills like Mandarin, Korean, and Bahasar are highly desirable
- Must be team oriented with excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills