- Accounting and Finance
- China - Shanghai
Our client offers a unique retail and F&B, inspirational Art de Vivre, blending a fashion brand, music label and coffee shops. The founders decided from the very beginning to develop activities that are different yet clearly complimentary within the same universe.
After France, Japan, the US and South Korea, our client is expanding in China with 2 stores in Hong Kong, 2 in Shanghai and soon more to open in other parts of the country.
Firstly, as a fashion house that offers high quality contemporary men’s and women’s wear, appealing to a generation that appreciates the casual without overlooking more tailored pieces.
Then there’s the delicious coffee served in iconic locations such as the Palais Royal in Paris and the Aoyama neighbourhood in Tokyo, in Seoul, Fashion Walk in Hong Kong or Xintiandi in Shanghai as well as a cutting edge music label that’s discovered talent like the British band Two Door Cinema Club, Parcels, the Klaxons, Years & Years...
And soon they’ll be opening the doors of their first hotel on the legendary Uluwatu beach in Bali.
To structure and organize the growth in China, our client is looking for a CFO/COO to be based in Shanghai.
Finance, Administration & HR:
- Ensure the group's activities in China are and remain in full compliance with the local HR and legal requirements
- Control and coordinate all HR and Payroll activities in partnership with local partners.
- Responsible for overseeing the full spectrum of financial accounting and management, costing, inventory management, treasury, credit controls, budgeting, forecasting, tax and audit matters
- Accountable for monthly management reports and annual budget/forecast for submission to the head office
- Manage internal control processes and make the necessary recommendations for improvement
- Issue the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial report, prepare finance performance analysis report for management
- Liaise and maintain good relationship with Audit Firm, SAFE, Tax Bureau and relevant authorities in China
- Setup and implement Finance Policies and relative Rules of accounting
- Prepare Finance Analysis for sales purpose and other important ratio for management use
- Implement controlling procedures
- Act as a Business Partner to the Senior Management
- Bachelor Degree or above
- Strong multicultural mindset
- 10 years or more of working experience including a minimum of 5 years in China
- Excellent financial background, ideally with legal compliance experience in retail environment
- Previous experience in setting up or scaling up the presence of a international retail and/or F&B player is a strong plus
- Analytical mindset, strategic thinker, strong business sense and result-driven
- Fluency both in Mandarin and English (reading Chinese is mandatory), Fluency in French is a strong plus
- Sense of ethics
- Team Spirit, can-do attitude
- Open minded, resilient, reliable and stable