- P.R. China - Shanghai
Our client is a leading global ingredients solutions company. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Project Supervisor.
Job location: Shanghai, P.R. China
Primary Functions: Lead engineering projects to drive efficiency and GMP improvement safely, on time, within budget and with high quality.
Reports To: Maintenance Manager, Shanghai plant
- Adhere to national and corporate safety and quality standards. Take primary responsibility on managing contractor safety and project execution standard.
- Lead and execute excellently in all areas of project management from budgeting, planning, utilization of leading project management tools, implementation of globally best known engineering designs and solutions, timely execution, resource management, change of management and communication.
- Execute projects according to agreed plans and to the company standards.
- Explore and implement best engineering practices to support each function on efficiency & standard improvement.
- Act as major projects Commissioning leader to make sure good commissioning planning and smooth start up.
- Act as Engineering SME to support CI/LSS project on engineering solution provider to support CI/LSS culture embedding.
- Select, educate, and manage external suppliers/contractors/service partners to operate at the company standards
- Lead GMP improvement engineering projects to enhance site GMP standard to increase customer satisfaction.
- Act as local Engineering leader to work with regional and corporate Engineering team to localize and implement Food Safety & Quality related engineering standard & improvement.
- Open and work collaboratively with all the functions to support each function to achieve business goal via understanding their needs, sharing knowledge/best practices, and delivering engineering projects as aligned with business goals
- Work closely with our corporate engineering to share the engineering standard and develop local engineering standard and documents to support stronger engineering team established
- Share good engineering practices with wider team in Operations to support each other’s growth
- Provide training to relevant functions before & after projects
- Benchmark against best in practice and to find better and smarter ways to provide a sustainable competitive advantage
- Open mind to try and implement innovative ideas/projects to make higher productivity and more sustainable.
- Implement and support MOC and OFI program
- Exchange of best practice and knowledge within the company and communication to local team.
- Reviewing best practice in the industry through visiting external partners/suppliers/conferences and consulting internally with the global engineering team to assist and guide on best solutions
• Qualifications – Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Mechanical
• Experience – min. 3 years engineering experience in Chemical or Food Manufacturing within a multinational company and manufacturing facility preferred.
o Engineering & Process Knowledge – Good knowledge and background of engineering project. Process experience is a plus.
o SHE Knowledge – Strong SSHE knowledge (Work Permit, LOTOTO, MOC, HAZOP, etc.)
o Quality and GMP Knowledge - Good knowledge of GMP, Lean manufacturing, and ISO9001/FSSC22000 system, etc.
• PC Skills - Skills with PC software like Visio, Excel, Word and Project, etc.
• Language skills - Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English.
• Communication skills – Good leadership skills, communications skills, open mind and problem-solving skills.
• Influencing skills – Strong sense of ownership, teamwork, interpersonal skill and drive for results. Comfortable and effective at communicating with multiple stakeholders at different levels to get “buy-in”.
• Taking ownership - Demonstrate high level of honesty, integrity and commitment to one’s profession and accept responsibility for the consequences of one’s decisions and actions.
• Fostering results-focused innovation – accepts and deals effectively with dynamic change and always finding better and smarter ways to do things
• Dealing with ambiguity - Work in a well-planned and organized manner by dealing effectively with multiple demands and priorities.
• Customer focus - Actively looking for ways to increase value and satisfaction for customers in-and external.
• Functional excellence - Keep breast of information in functional area and demonstrate a high level of skill
• Drive for results – capable of staying focused on delivery while dealing with a lot of autonomy, ambiguity, and people with competing priorities
• Interpersonal effectiveness - Establishing a constructive and cooperative relationship with others and a climate of openness and trust.
• Encouraging personal growth – develops, coaches, and supports peers and reports
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.