- P.R. China - Shanghai
Our client is a worldwide leader in the entertainment world. Based on culture and history, they have a unique artistic concept.
For this client, we are looking for a General Manager to responsible for Show Director, Venue Manager, Admin/Box Office/F&B Manager, Finance support resource.
The General Manager oversees governance, compliance, marketing and sales functions as well as day-to-day operations of the organisation. The role is responsible for effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organising, and decision making to attain organisational objectives and KPI. The General Manager manages “The Show” finances including budgeting, reporting and acquittals.
The General Manager report directly to the Board. He is expected to work collaboratively with his sphere of direct authority and responsibility, covering finance, management operation and governance. The General Manager is expected to master the industry standard skillset and too Promote a professional and pleasant work environment by applying irreproachable works ethics.
Job location: Shanghai
KEY GENERAL MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare budgets for the organization and its initiatives in consultation with the Show Director and Finance Director. Budgets are subject to Board approval.
• Prepare and acquit funding proposals/submissions to the board and other bodies
• Manage the organisation within budgets This will require working closely with the Show Director and Financial Director to monitor the company’s financial performance against budget
• With the Financial Director, prepare financial reports and analysis for the Board and key stakeholders as required
• Ticketing and venue operations
SPONSORSHIP & FUNDRAISING
• Manage fundraising events (if any)
• Manage, ongoing review and implementation of sponsorship strategy
• Manage sponsor relations
• Work in close partnership with the Creative Director, or his agent, to determine key marketing Channel, PR campaign, key sponsor, audience development and engagement touch points for “The Show”
• Manage execution of marketing and audience development strategies
• Manage marketing program implementation with marketing agency & publicist
• Manage and maintain up-to-date company records including all policy documents, registers and protocols as required
• Provide administrative support for Board functions as required
• Participate in the strategic planning of the organization including rolling 6 year forecasts
VENUE & MANAGEMENT
• Key point of contact for relationship with Landlord
• Senior management of venue and staff related issues including all areas related to OH&S, access, compliance, work cover, superannuation and insurance policies and smooth operations of the venue.
• Set Key Performance indicators for and supervise the work of direct reporting staff (Administrator/Box Office Manager, Venue Manager, Show Manager)
• Issue and manage contracts with staff, presenters, partners, strategic vendors and other parties as required
• Oversight of IT management
• Key point of contact for relationship with F&B operator
• Oversee and keep up to date procedural documentation for the effective running of the organization
• Provide leadership to the Venue Works team.
• Act as a mentor for his team and provide coaching when deem necessary
• Work closely with Show Director to facilitate and support achievement of “The show” vision.
• Contribute knowledgeably to“ The Show” promotion, initiatives and position in the industry ecosystem.
• Advocate effectively the organization aims and objectives to stakeholders
• Promote the organization public profile, artistic program and projects
• Represent the company to the various level of government authorities
• Undertake other responsibilities as determined by the Board
• Experience in a medium to large entertainment organization including staff & systems management in the local market
• Demonstrated national and local network of artists, arts organizations and peer/member organizations in the medium performing entertainment sector
• Demonstrated commercial acumen
• Demonstrated Marketing and communication acumen
• A person accustomed to working independently on tasks while also motivating and leading a collaborative team within the organization
• High level of attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Sophisticated understanding (and/or being a quick study) of stakeholder relationship management
• Commitment to integrity, transparency and inclusivity
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or pertinent experience;
• Minimum of ten years' experience in management;
• Experience in accounting an asset
• Minimum of five years' venue show experience, including industry standard box office software and experience with show settlements;
• Ability to work well under pressure;
• Team player, solid people skills, and drive;
• Openness, independence, rigor, communicational skills, negotiation skills, discretion;
• Experience in customer service;
• Good organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities;
• Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows, knowledge of Excel is essential;
• Knowledge of SAP, an asset;
• Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in Mandarin is an asset;
• Third language, an asset;
Suitable candidates will be contacted within 3 days upon application.