- Senior Management
- P.R. China - Shanghai
Our client is a fast growing sourcing & trading Company, with over a decade of experiences in their field of expertise (China based/established but with strong ability to bridge with Western clients) and whom has established presence all over the world to serve chain/retail stores in different regions.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for an Asia General Manager to be based in Shanghai, P.R. China.
The Asia General Manager will be mainly responsible for:
1) To set up processes and organization in a company following a fast growth period based on commercial development,
2) To prepare the organization to keep growing to double revenue (or even higher) in the next two years,
3) To streamline the company to optimize EBIT.
Reporting: Group CEO (based in Europe)
Job Location: Shanghai, P.R. China
• To hire, train and manage the Chinese team comprising of merchandisers, QC, and logistic people.
• To improve existing processes and set up more efficient one aiming at increasing customer satisfaction base on Delay/Quality/Cost criteria.
• To ensure the daily smooth operational management of the Chinese office.
• To ensure a smooth and efficient communication between suppliers, merchandisers, and sales team based outside of china.
• To set up a sales team in Shanghai with international outlook aiming at managing 90% of the business from China in the near future (most of the sales work being currently handled by the partners), and follow the sales relation (not day to day) with few key accounts in order to ensure service level.
• To organize fairs in China (CIFF, Pop-Up showroom during Canton fair).
• To present quarterly reporting to the Comex following set up KPIs.
• To analyze profitability of the customers and suppliers based on external/variable costs below gross margin.
• To streamline profitability and cost structure of the office.
• To daily update the supplier network and benchmark prices.
• To develop new ranges under the supervision of the Marketing Director based in Europe and under the daily management of a Product Manager based in Shanghai (European Profile).
• To attend international fairs (Cologne, Paris, Milan) to follow trends and market.
• To follow sales order with factories/suppliers.
• To perform Quality Control/Quality Assessment on every orders and products.
• To negotiate prices and contracts with every suppliers.
• To prepare commercial offers.
• To follow customer orders and inform clients.
• To follow payment status and ensure cash collection.
? Master/MBA – International Business School or Engineer degree with minimum 5/7 years' working experiences (including at least half of the experiences in China/Asia).
? Abundant experiences in purchase/supply chain related fields, and experiences in furniture or decoration is highly preferred.
? Good people management and organization skills.
? Experiences in China is a must and good spoken Mandarin is also required (Mandarin writing skills is a plus).
? Being proactive, organized, self – driven, hardworking, and meticulous.
? Fluent in English, and French and/or Spanish communication skills would be a strong plus.
? Good command of MS Excel/PowerPoint.
? A sense of interior design/furniture would also be a plus.