- Thailand - Samutprakarn
Our client is a group company involved in the production of fixings, fasteners and other construction tools, they have subsidiaries and distributors across the world. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Technical Manager to accompany the growth of the company in Thailand.
Job location: Bangplee Samutprakran
Reporting to: Asia Business Development Manager (French)
Scope: you will oversee all technical matters companywide and manage product technical information to support the sales. You will work collaboratively with clients/users, the development team, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient, timely manner.
- Develop a high profile for the Business Unit within the specification community to facilitate the incorporation of the company products into drawings.
- Recommend and have approved alternatives where existing specifications mention competitor’s product.
- Provide jobsite tests or product demonstration/presentation where required.
- Answer technical queries generated by the sales force and customers as required.
- Maintain data (drawings of specifications, proof of equivalent etc) with key engineers,
architects and specifiers.
- Provide adequate training to the sales force
- Contact and develop relationships with designers/consultants and engineers of the relevant trades and to promote the specification of the company brand in the design phase.
- Presentation of products, performance of calculation and design work as well as on site field tests and demonstrations whenever required.
- Support in negotiating to change current specifications with competitor’s brands to the company brands and to support with the necessary presentation and calculation work.
- Establish relationship with designers and consultants; and technical skills to support the design and calculation work
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 5 years’ in technical support from Building material industry; Fastener is preferable
- Good communication skills, allowing for interaction with peers and intercompany Personnel.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Company system.
- Fluently spoken and written English.
- Good skill in Microsoft applications and knowledge of the Easyfix software
- Analytical thinking, problem solving, supervisory and communication skills.
- Abilities to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Information and Application
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, apply online on www.talent-fishers.com, candidates/jobs page and post your resume on the “Technical Manager” job offer. Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.