- SG - Singapore
For one of our clients, a global audio and web conferencing solution provider based in Singapore, we are looking for a Finance Director APAC.
To be responsible for the Asia Pacific Finance department, to ensure compliance with accounting legislation and Group financial policy.
Accountable:Reporting directly to Executive Vice President, Managing Director Asia Pacific and functionally to our client Group CFO
• Preparation of Asia Pacific annual budget and business plan, in partnership with Our client Asia Pacific MD and Our client CFO, which supports Our client’s development strategy in the region
• Asia Pacific finance productivity consistently increases due to your leadership of ever-evolving activities with success measured by the ROI of initiatives, which must be carefully analyzed and published to management to track success
• Accurate financial accounting for all subsidiaries, including compliance with appropriate financial controls, substantiated by full visibility.
• Balance sheet ownership with reconciliations and review to justify balances
• Review process and controls within the department and the Company, identifying and implementing improvements where appropriate. Compliance with Management Rules.
• Production of Monthly Reporting Packs including:
-Review of nominal ledger and nominal ledger reconciliations
-Review of Month end accruals and preparation and posting of journals
-Production of P&L, Balance sheet and Cash flow with appropriate commentary, along with kpi and forecast information.
-Ownership of the Executive Summary.
• Compliance with external authorities in terms of tax issues
• Management of the Finance team, including Accounting, Billing and Collections.
• Ensure that each department owns its budget and meets its targets.
• Liaison with External Auditors to ensure timely completion of annual audit and statutory accounts without issue.
• Provide support to Management with regards to commercial financial decision making.
• Specific APAC Management projects
-The overall skill and knowledge level of the Asia Pacific Finance team improves due to you evaluating your direct reports for personal and professional strengths/weaknesses and implementing a development program that enhances their skills and knowledge in a measurable way
-Define and monitor in partnership with Our client CFO and Our client Asia Pacific MD the regional annual budget and business plan, as well as budget reforecast due to changing conditions and actual results
-Constantly evaluate, implement and report on various lead finance efforts, the format, level of detail and timing of reporting to be agreed mutually with your managers
-Forecast, track and report on costs spend versus budget monthly
-A minimum of semi-annual employee performance reviews of each of your direct reports, focusing on their key result area progress, personal and professional development and honest, direct, constructive feedback, to be done in conjunction with directives from HR and management
-A minimum of 8 years experience in a B2B client facing Finance Management Role
-Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Our client services, systems and competitors
-Strong organization and administration capabilities
-Excellent forecasting and strategic planning skills
-Partnership skills, must be able to partner with different business owners to explain risks and help advising on certain projects
Only suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.