- China - Shanghai
Our client is a multinational company specialized in high technology products for the rail transportation systems. The group supplies manufacturers and operators with design, manufacturing, distribution and servicing.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Methods Director.
Job location: Shanghai
- Support projects, engineering, manufacturing and quality to deliver customers.
- Deliver needed efficiency at the shop floor to deliver the plant commitments: increasing sales and quality, decreasing Total Manufacturing Cost and Plant running costs and decreasing lead time and Working Capital requirements.
Reporting to: Managing Director
1. Support project and engineering
a) Support design department and project and define with them Bill of Material and Bill of Labour, product structure, production and process technology.
b) Lead DFMEA.
c) Responsible of items, BOM, BOL, MO management in ERP
d) Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
e) Proactively propose solution to improve project profitability and quality
2. Support manufacturing and quality; lead improvement at the shop floor
a) Prepare the manufacturing work and Manufacturing Order execution (Process documents, Routine Test documents, drawings, specific toolings, standard toolings, Production lines layouts, technical procedures, quality procedures ...). Guide the manufacturing process.
b) Build, organize and maintain all technical knowledge databases so that the quality and efficiency of our service to customers and employees working conditions are permanently improved (technical rules, working instructions, means for manufacturing of systems with high quality standards).
c) Responsible for special process, surface treatment line, water station, bonding and painting.
d) Lead lean/kaizen/muda initiatives to reduce production cost and avoid overtime. Propose and implementation of measures, equipment, processes to improve product quality and economical manufacturing.
e) With supply chain work on line feeding and MO batch size.
f) Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality PFMEA.
g) Lead and implement processes technical changes.
h) Contribute to make-or-buy decision
3. Report Performance
a) Responsible for standard time definition and improvement, and for consumable for production
b) Prepare reports and records on department activities for management. Evaluate current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
4. Manage and supervise department
a) Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast, plan to meet, and to supply demand to relevant quality
b) Departmental staff recruitment, development, training and management
c) Execute the responsibilities of a company senior manager according to law, rules and ethical standards, Health and safety compliance, as referenced in company manual
- Good knowledge and experience in metal processing, like punching, bending, welding, final assembly, painting.
- Familiar with quality system ISO 9000, Kaizen, lean, 5S, QRQC, etc.
- Strong sense of responsibility, honest, be able to work independent, highly motivated, team spirit and hard working
- At least 8 years working experience
- University degree in mechanical engineering, process automation, production.
- Good command of English (written and oral)
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.