- P.R. China - Shanghai
Our client is the world leading market research group specialized in consumer insights
and shopper behavior. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Research Director,
to accompany the growth of the activity in Asia.
Location: Shanghai, P.R. China
Reporting to: China GM & Singapore GM
- Working closely with the Senior Research Director and Global Managing Director on organizational objectives
- Managing implementation/ execution of the organizational objectives within the quantitative team
- Accountability for implementation of organizational objectives within the quantitative team
- Participating in account planning within the larger global account teams
- Staff Management:
- Oversight/ Mentoring/ Training/ Accountability for the quantitative team
- Responsibility for overall quality of each team's work
- Accountability for cost management across the quantitative team, with an eye to overall office cost management and revenue
- Client Relationship:
- Primary interface with a number of key clients serviced out of the Shanghai office
- Preparing proposals/ consulting on study design
- Writing, reviewing reports & presenting study findings to clients
- Leading training efforts (internal and external)
- Contributing to added-value efforts for these clients (meta-analyses, etc.)
- Minimum 8 years experience providing an understanding of marketing research issues and methodologies, primarily through supplier-side research positions.
- Proven ability to take initiative, think creatively and communicate effectively within office and with clients.
- Substantial experience with quantitative analysis.
- Proven experience with team building and management of a diversified research team.
- Strong statistical background with the ability to create PowerPoint charts and presentations.
- Strong analytical ability, report writing and presentation skills.
- Travel required to market services, coordinate projects, and present findings.
- Must have some experience in retail, consumer and packaging research for global brands.
- Must be a self-starter with strong attention to detail who enjoys multi-tasking and can meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Mandarin required.
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.