- China - Shanghai
Our client is a multinational company specialized in high technology products for the rail transportation systems. The group supplies manufacturers and operators with design, manufacturing, distribution and servicing.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Sales Director to lead the commercial activities in China and manager the sales and after-sales teams.
Reporting to: Vice General Manager
Job location: Shanghai
• Lead the sales team thoughout the sales cycle (prepare offers, record and follow-up orders, arrange shipments and invoices, build and maintain all sales data);
• Build and further develop strong relationships with the main actors in the industry in order to gather accurate requirements from customers in the early stages of the project;
• Interface with all main customers to understand their requirements and provide expert advices;
• Prepare the commercial offers and all tendering documents together with the design office.
• Present and defend the commercial offer in front of customers, conduct negotiations on prices and terms & conditions;
• Monitor the receivables situation and overdue payments in particular. Follow up on payments with the highest level of energy;
• Ensure excellent communication between all departments involved to achieve the highest level of satisfaction as a team
• Build and maintain up to date market information (such as market share, market analysis, past references) in order to best anticipate customers’ needs and market evolutions
• Further develop and promote the company’s name and high-quality reputation on the market; lobby the main networks and car builders;
• Ensure permanent improvement of staff and maintain a core stable team of experienced people;
• Monitor and maintain functioning cost of department at reasonable level.
• Bachelor degree or higher in engineering or business field
• A minimum of 10 years working experience including a minimum of 5 years in the railway transportation industry
• Excellent understanding of the client’s business environment, existing relationships in the industry;
• Able to interact with the client on technical matters and to formulate appropriate solutions;
• Honest, committed and able to work under pressure;
• Proficient in written and oral English;
• MS Office skills required;