- P.R. China - Suzhou
Our client is an international company and a worldwide leader on its market.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Plant Director to:
- Manage all factory departments (except Business Development and R&D teams), in accordance with the Group strategy
- Promote a customer focused approach throughout the departments, building and maintaining efficient working conditions to collaborate with Business Development and R&D teams
- Ensure customer satisfaction. Organize the departments to deliver products meeting customer requirements on quality and lead-times
- Be responsible for the cost control and continuous improvements of the factory, driving long term profitability
- Ensure compliance with current Chinese regulations (HR, Safety, Environment)
- Ensure that the Group Values are communicated and adopted throughout the site
- Ensure a work environment which promotes employee development, motivation, teamwork.
- Direct line to Managing Director China
- Dotted line to Group Operations Director
Location: Zhejiang Province
- Provide direction and leadership to the managed departments.
- Be responsible for setting and controlling budget, defining local targets and objectives (KPIs) in order to meet overall organizational and financial objectives
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Group
- Coordinate action plans and their execution to ensure profitable and sustainable growth of the factory
- Ensure the site safety, together with the EHS Supervisor, providing fair working conditions
- Ensure key roles are staffed with proper skills and motivated people
- Ensure and promote a positive work environment and culture: clarity in objectives to be met. Communicate on a regular basis at all management levels and directly with all employees
- Engineering degree in electronics, mechanics, or other industrial engineering
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility. Successful experience in managing culture change is an asset
- Previous experience/strong understanding of P&L Management with a basic understanding of finance and accounting
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools (eg Six-sigma, 5S, lean manufacturing …)
- Previous experience in mechanical processes, electric motor manufacturing is an asset
- Languages: English and French, Chinese would be a plus
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.