- P.R. China - Jiaxing
Our client is a European company focus on food-order machine and automated checkout machine. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Program Manager.
Job location: Jiashan
Report to: Factory Director
Job brief: The Program Manager will be responsible of our internal customer, an important Japanese customer, on the development, industrialization and manufacturing of its hardware projects within the company. S/he will have to perform leadership and will be accountable overall the projects.
S/he will play a major part in the pre-sales and post-sales process. The candidate will work closely with our customer, build a strong relationship with them, manage planification and help them to achieve their technical goals on time. S/he will have to manage the technical communication with the customer, and process the documentation related to its projects (presentations, technical documents, planning, etc). The Program Manager will work with operational departments to advance its projects (Supply Chain, NPI, Quality, Production, WH & Logistics). Along its projects, The Program Manager will endorse a role of Project Leader, Project Quality Leader and Project Supply Leader.
Success in this role will be demonstrated through a strong and accountable relationship with the customer.
Being main contact window for the Japanese customer:
• Lead meetings and discussions with the customer teams
• Define and monitor global planning with suitable milestones at every product life cycle phases
• Create and update related presentations, documentations and planning
• Create and update the documents shared between teams and the customer
• When needed, translate documents mentioned above
• Report customer feedbacks at any product life cycle phases
Development & Industrialization support:
• As a Project Leader, being the main interface between the customer and NPI teams
• Monitor product performance and associated support needs
• Identify opportunities to upgrade or modify products so that they meet customers’ needs
• Provide reports on product performance to the development team and advises customer on new products or upgrades that may be suitable for their products
• With Quality team, lead the preparation of the quality specification applicable to the purchased parts and manufactured products
Manufacturing & After-sales support:
• Identify the services and support customers will need to make effective and productive use of products
• Set installation programs that minimize disruption for customers
• Arrange training for customers’ users if needed
• Monitor the progress of product installations to ensure that they are successful
• Monitor support requests to identify any recurring issues and may recommend changes to products
• Hold regular review meetings with customers to discuss any issues or problems and provide reports to the other members of the team
• Make sure all deliverables arrive in good order, on time, and fulfil customers’ requirements
• Subject to make business trips in China and Japan
• Ensure good practices are applied in the team and on the projects
• Perform continuous improvements on products
• Support other departments in their own continuous improvement when required
• At least 5 years working experience in Industrialization and Project/Program Management for an international company.
• Master of Science in Mechanical or Manufacturing
• At least 3 years’ experience as a project leader in similar job in an industrial environment
• As the concerned customer is Japanese, it is important that the candidate has already worked with Japanese people/customer
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to build effective relationships with customers and with other members of the team. A listener who is customer-oriented and attentive to their needs
• English and Japanese languages, technical use, writing and speaking
• Chinese and French languages are a plus
• A strong sense of accountability, candidate guarantees that what has been said will be done and respected timely in every detail
• A strong sense of analysis, organization and synthesis is required. Good time-management skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Familiar with risk analysis tools
• Familiar with ERP tools
• Familiar with quality management tools and ISO 9001
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.