- P.R. China - Shenzhen
Our client is a global company that develops, sources, creates & produces packaging beauty solutions for prestigious brands and retailers all over the globe. With offices in China, USA, Europe & Australia the company focuses on outstanding customer service and fast-track innovation and on-trend creativity. Thanks to their strategically smart & lean structure, key strength is responsiveness and flexibility. The company has established operations with factories principally in China, as well as a few in Korea, in order to provide their customers with strategic production capabilities.
For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Quality Director.
Job location: Shenzhen, P.R. China
Report to: President
• Manage & Coordinate the QA and QC team (5 people and growing),
o Plan the inspections
o Set the inspection protocols and criteria’s
o Review inspections results
o Keep statistics on QC performance in purpose dashboard
• Train the team to continuously improve department efficiency
o Introduce new testing methods and parameters
o Introduce and share the new applicable legislations and guidelines
• Implement continuous improvement plans for quality and productivity with our key supplier factories.
- Quality Control
o Ensure quality control efficiency on a day-to-day basis
o Manage and monitor performance Quality control team, train people, improve their abilities
o Control cost and budget for the department
o Propose and approve 3rd party’s suppliers for Quality (factory audits)
o Propose corrective action plan for suppliers which are under expected level
o Discuss quality issues and corrective actions directly with clients
o Support teams (purchasers or production executives or engineers) to solve quality
- Quality Assurance
o Review projects with PM’s and purchasing director to evaluate and determine areas of risk and what should be asked from the supplier in terms of quality assurances.
- Continuous Improvement in factories
o Participate in defining the improvement plan for factories
o Make audits and implement Corrective Action Plan in factories
o Propose solutions and help factories to implement actions
- Sustainable Development
o Manage social compliance initiatives, and the supplier panel
o Help for factory audit or corrective actions implementation
- At least 10 years of work experience in similar functions, working with injection and blow molding, good knowledge of all decoration methods
- Solid experience in primary packaging industry for premium cosmetics, in international environments (knowledge of all the internationally adopted testing methods)
- Good Management skills
- Customer oriented (will need to conduct customer calls to offer solutions and defend the company position if needed during quality issues)
- Good communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- Ability to work under stress and short timelines. Adaptable and ability to multitask
- Ability to travel domestically and be flexible with work hours
- Good computer skills including Office365, SharePoint & Teams
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.