- P.R. China - Shanghai
Our client is a leading equipment supplier, focus on life sciences, food & beverage and so on. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Project Manager.
Job location: Shanghai
Report to : Director of Operations
Main responsibility is to provide project management (Company Operations), sales and process engineering support in China (in assistance to company Sales Team).
Detailed accountabilities include:
1. Project Management (Assist the Operations Team)
Coordinate the internal and external resources of the company to ensure that the equipment and services agreed and expected by the Customer are delivered on time while maximizing profit.
- Transfer the LS and F&B booked orders to the Operations and Project team
- Attend to the Kickoff Meetings and project review meetings
- Ensure compliance with contractual requirements (order specifications, customer URS, applicable norms, planning, etc.)
- Follow-up of engineering studies
- Plan and follow the various activities to meet the contractual deadline and the agreed scope of supply (studies, manufacturing, tests and trials, on-site services)
- Ensure internal and external reporting
- Use Quality Documents related to Contract Management
- Manage financial monitoring (financial analysis and reporting)
- Manage the change orders and follow-up on payment terms
- Organize customer receptions in the workshop (FAT)
- Organize site activities until the SAT in cooperation with the company automation and commissioning engineers as well as French team (support of the plant when needed)
- Finalize the contracts (signature of the final acceptance receipt, closing of non-conformities and obtaining the last payment)
Two types of projects:
- Project Management assistance of Chinese projects carried out by French team (contracts in Euro) – Transversal communication with Chinese team Automation and Commissioning Engineers
- Planning and financial follow-up of site activities for Chinese projects carried out by French team (contracts in Euro) – Transversal communication with Chinese team Automation and Commissioning Engineers
- Project Management of company local contracts including overall planning and financial follow-up – Transversal communication with company Automation and Commissioning Engineers as well as company COO
2. Sales and Process Engineering support (Assist the Sales Team)
- Analyze the Request for Quotations with a specific focus on GMP Biotech and F&B projects and contribute to their qualification with the Sales Team
- Participate to the quotation preparation (PFD, P&ID, General Layout, technical specifications and price estimation – Bill of Material)
- Review the quotation built by the Headquarters team in France (Process Engineers, Engineering, Price Estimating department, Sales direction) comprising of PFD, P&ID, technical specifications
- Attend to the project meetings for the quote presentations and technical clarifications
- Operations Team
- Sales Team
- Director of Operations
- Director of Life Sciences Business Unit and Process Engineers
- Head of Price estimating department
- Engineering Managers
- Project managers
- Design and Manufacturing Teams
This job position requires personal availability for frequent travels in China on customer site as well as visits and trainings to France.
Linked to our industrial organization in China, you will also travel periodically to Dushan port area – Jiaxing to manage our local orders manufactured by the company.
Qualification and candidate profile:
We are interested to meet a highly qualified graduate engineer with refined technical and process skills, biopharmaceutical and / or Food & Beverage knowledge and a very good project management aptitude.
You should have at least a first experience gained in the Biopharmaceutical field (preferably in SIP/CIP fermentation and / or Cell cultivation) in a similar position and demonstrate your knowledge of Biopharmaceutical standards such as ASME BPE, GAMP, GMP, BPF, QI/QO. Experience in the food & Beverage field would be a plus.
Fluent Chinese and English are required.
You should also demonstrate Qualities of initiative, autonomy, and team spirit.
Suitable candidates will be contacted within one month upon application.