- Taiwan - Taiwan
Supplier Development Engineer
Our client is the global company in electric vehicles and powertrains.
The Company is looking for a Supplier Development Engineer who has a strong Electrical/Mechanical component and/or manufacturing/assembly background. This position will collaborate closely with our Supplier Quality teams in Shenzhen, China, and Scotts Valley, California. They will work with our suppliers in Asia with a focus on those in Taiwan and Vietnam. This position is a full-time position and will be stationed in Taiwan.
Reporting line: Supplier Quality Manager (China)
- Identify issues that may arise within the supply base and quickly and efficiently resolve them, gearing more towards preventative, as opposed to reactive, methods and solutions.
- Perform regular supplier audits to ensure that control plans are being observed, assess supplier capabilities, and identify areas of risk and/or potential improvement.
- Provide clear and concise feedback/reports pertaining to supplier performance with an aim to actively influence improvement.
- Employ statistical analysis to determine, and assess the cost of, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Provide suppliers with technical expertise, guidance, and advice in accordance with the company’s quality objectives.
- BS degree in Engineering or Science (Manufacturing Engineering preferred but Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is acceptable based on supplementary experience) or related discipline with 5+ years of experience in Supplier Quality/Development.
- Experience in the Automotive industry is highly desirable.
- Expertise in working with suppliers to solve complicated manufacturing problems
Skills and Attributes
- Strong knowledge and experience in various manufacturing processes, such as machining, injection molding, stamping, forging, welding, assembly, etc.
- Must be able to comprehend mechanical drawings and be well versed in GD&T.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ideal candidate will have experience communicating complex issues to audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team.
- Experience in Root Cause and Corrective Action analysis of complex, technical problems.
- Strong proficiency in statistical analysis.
- Experience utilizing basic quality control tools such as: Fishbone Diagrams, 3Leg5Why, Control Charts, Pareto Charts, Histograms, Stratification, and Scatter Diagrams.
- Experience with QMS based on ISO9001/IATF16949
- Experience with GD&T and assembly tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Demonstrated use of the core quality tools (APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEA/CP, MSA)
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to sit for long periods of time to perform duties and move around to make inquiries from other staff and management as needed.
- Must be able to bend or lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English and Mandarin.
- Must be able to travel to suppliers in Taiwan, China, and Vietnam.
Information and Application
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please send the word version of your resume to Vicky Bian at email@example.com, mentioning “Supplier Development Engineer” in the subject line.
Suitable candidates will be contacted within a few days.