- P.R. China - Wuhan
Our client is the supplier of Capital Equipment for the Automotive and General Industry
Our client is widely recognized as the world leader in resistance welding to the automotive industry.
The Group is headquartered near Le Mans in France, with regional offices in Germany, Spain, Belgium, Slovakia, Sweden, the U.K., U.S.A. Mexico, Brazil and China. The company was founded in 1949 and today employs around 500 persons.
Our client is a member of the British engineering and industrial Group Holdings plc.
Our client was established in 2005 in Wuhan (Hubei province) and is a 100 % subsidiary of the Group.
Our Client is searching an experienced candidate to replace the Managing Director, who will soon retire.
Location: Wuhan, China
After extensive training on the products and resistance welding (both in France and in China), and a successful period of overlap with the current Managing Director, the candidate will fully take over the MD position, extending his/her responsibilities to all departments of our client in China, including Sales, Finance, Administration & HR, Projects, Design, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Aftersales Service.
The MD has full P&L responsibility (revenues, costs, Profit Before Tax).
He/she oversees the sales development as well as all day-to-day operations of the business (engineering, quality, production, customer service).
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Improve sales, revenues, and profitability of the subsidiary
- Ensure the full satisfaction of customers
- Oversee daily business operations
- Define annual budgets and manage accordingly
- Deliver the budgeted PBT (Profit Before Tax)
- Deliver the monthly Business Unit Reports, with support of the Finance Manager
- Manage the team
Considering that employees are our most important assets, the MD pays particular attention to Human Resources, 5S and Safety.
He/she will report first to the current MD, and later to the Group President based in France, with also contacts and communication with all other Group managers worldwide.
Our client is not only looking for a contributor to the company but someone who can and will drive an impact on their businesses. Your success in this role is key to the future growth and development of our client and will be measured by your ability to:
- The candidate has experience in International Business and is familiar with both Chinese and Western cultures.
- He/she speaks fluent English and Chinese. French can be an advantage.
- A strong Sales & Technical background is required.
- Experience in plant or Business Unit management with capital equipment for the Automotive Industry will be appreciated.