- P.R. China - Beijing
Our client is an international health insurance provider with worldwide offices. For this client, Talent Fishers is looking for a Business Development Director to accompany the growth of the company in China.
Location: Beijing, P.R. China
Scope: The Business Development Director's responsibility will be to develop and implement sales growth opportunities, to expand different distribution channels in Beijing and build a wide network of customers for the various products in China.
Reporting to: Managing Director (Asia Pacific)
As a Business Development Director, your role will be to:
- Establish target oriented business relationships, create an extensive distribution network of insurance brokers and build an effective team.
- Analyze and capitalize on marketing and selling opportunities.
- Manage and contribute to the design and marketing of the company's healthcare products.
- Present the company to potential clients; collect competitor intelligence.
- Manage profitable sales processes, identify and solve difficulties, handle negations and closings.
- Manage and maintain a sales pipeline; pay close attention to the performance of specific accounts.
- Manage and align clients and distributors expectations of service standards.
- Write and edit proposals and provide documentation according to the company's procedures.
- Present result reports and draft appropriated improvement recommendations.
- Be up to date with changes of law, regulations or requirements as well as any issues affecting the insurance sector.
- Guide and supervise operational staff to encourage close relationships with distributor and clients.
- Be aware of all legislative, regulatory and company-specific rules, policies and procedures.
- A deep understanding of the Beijing and greater China insurance and financial services market.
- Several years of sales experience within the financial services or insurance sector.
- Proven track record of successful business development.
- Extensive network and connections within the local market, including the public and private sector and distributors.
- Native Mandarin with excellent business level English.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to close deals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as excellent communication abilities.
- Capable of working independently, of using own initiative and paying close attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel frequently. More than 75% of the time will be spent out of the office.
Suitable candidates will be contacted within 30 days upon application.