- P.R. China - Shanghai
Our client is a well-established private label knitwear manufacturer with 5 offices worldwide, 35 years of experience working in China and state of the art design centers in Shanghai and New York.
Job location: Shanghai
Scope: The Senior Knitwear Designer will be responsible for designing and developing the in-house Stitch Collection and Women's Collection: a contemporary knitwear line that captures seasonal trends and innovation. The Senior Designer will also work on specific development for assigned accounts.
Reporting to: Shanghai Design Director
- Work with Design Director to identify and define seasonal trends in yarns, silhouettes and stitches for the collection
- Create trend boards, design and sketch the collection independently
- Manage the development process, work with merchandiser and design team to ensure the collection is delivered on time
- Work with design director and design team to develop Studio Stitch Collection
- Prepare and set up presentation for meetings; trend board, sample collection presentation to customers
- Work closely with merchandiser to research and develop products for assigned accounts
- Travel within China, to Asia and USA for meetings and shopping
- Create trade show and shopping report
- BFA from accredited Fashion Design School or Associate Degree in Fashion Design
- A minimum of 6 years working experience
- Must have drive, enthusiasm, personal charisma and a very strong passion for design
- Outstanding skill in trend forecasting and ability to interpret trends through relevant products
- Excellent sense of color and style
- Must have good knowledge of knitting machinery, stitches and technical terminology
- Must be a team player having collaborative approach to interactions across all departments and between offices
- Forward thinking, flexible and be able to work on their own initiative and under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent skills in Illustrator, Photoshop
Suitable applicants will be contacted within two weeks upon application.